This is for all MT65xx chipsets including:
This guide is only for MTK! This will work from same chip to same chip for example MT6582 to MT6582 or MT6577 to MT6577.
Some devices have different partitions to flash and the ROM you might flash can brick your phone. It can even hard brick your phone. So it is recommended that you do a ReadBack, ClockWorkMod Backup and MTK Droid Root & Tools backup. I am not responsible for bricked phones!!
What you need to port a ROM to your device [Your chipset to Your Chipset only]:
- A ROM to port [in .zip].
- Your stock ROM [extracted with /system and build.prop].
- Extract the ROM to port and you will have these main things:
- If you have them then you are ready for next step.
- Open /system folder of stock and rom to port.
- Open bin folder of stock ROM and copy these files:
- Now replace these files in ROM to Port‘s /System/Bin folder.
- Open lib folder of Stock ROM and get these files:
- Replace all the files mention above to ROM to Port‘s /system/lib folder.
- Now open Stock ROM’s /system/etc/ folder and copy these files:
- Now replace these files in ROM to port‘s /system/etc folder.
- Delete these folders from ROM to Port:
- Replace these folders from Stock ROM to ROM to Port:
- The final step! Press back button to go to the main folder where you have the Stock ROM. Copy boot.img [FromStock ROM]and replace it with the ROM to Port‘s.